I remember seeing all these cauliflower pizza recipes over a year ago, and since then I haven’t stopped thinking about them. There’s been so many times that I’ve almost made some for myself, but never did. I even made this a couple days ago, but I fell asleep while it was in the oven and it totally burnt! Hahaha oops. But, after I got some sleep I was ready to retry the infamous Cauliflower Cheesy Breadsticks.
I know there was a huge cauliflower craze not too long ago, but I never hopped on that boat. Instead, I’m paddling along slowly behind you all trying to catch up. And honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever ate cauliflower before this, so I had no idea what to expect. So, in case you’re in the situation that I was in… make. this. right. now. Forget the fact that cauliflower is a foreign, scary thing and just make it. I promise its delicious.
You’ll be so surprised at how much this tastes like bread. I took one apprehensive first bite, but after that, I ate this whole breadstick pizza right away. It’s totally got me thinking of other breaded foods that could be replaced with cauliflower.
What you’ll do is put a whole head of cauliflower into a food processor until it looks like something in between rice and grated cheese. This will be your “dough”. Next just cook the cauliflower in a large pan, drain all the water with a linen towel, then form your crust into something like below.
Place your crust into the oven, cook for a little over half an hour, top with your cheeses and Italian seasoning, cook for about 3-5 more minutes, then, voila! Serve it with some marinara or pizza sauce and cut it up into slices and you’ve got yourself a meal that tastes like you’re cheating a diet but without the guilt.
- 1 large Cauliflower Head
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- Marinara or Pizza Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Chop washed Cauliflower into small pieces and run through a food processor until a rice-like consistency
- In a large saucepan, heat one inch of water until it boils
- Add in Cauliflower "rice", cover with lid and allow to steam for 4 minutes
- Strain Cauliflower in a fine mesh strainer and let cool for 10 minutes
- Place Cauliflower in a linen towel and squeeze any excess water out
- In a large bowl, combine Cauliflower, 1 cup Mozzarella, Egg, Oregano, Basil and Salt
- Stir the mixture well
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and form a crust with the Cauliflower mixture to be roughly ½ inch thick
- Cook crust for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown
- Remove crust and top with the remaining 1 cup Mozzarella and ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- Return to oven for 3-5 minutes until Mozzarella is melted
- Let cool for 10 minutes, serve with Marinara or Pizza Sauce and enjoy!
Like I said, this tastes nothing like what I expected. If I was blindfolded and told to eat this, I would never of guessed it wasn’t normal cheese sticks from a restaurant.
For more tasty, unique recipes like this, make sure you subscribe to my email list by filling out the easy form down below!