I’m on a bit of a Halloween craze right now and nobody can stop me. Last week I made a Freaky Halloween Float and some Melted Monster Candy Bark, and this week I’m onto these absolutely adorable Mummy Pretzel Rods! It may only be September 2nd, but my heart and mind are already fully dedicated to Halloween. There’s no going back.
I love salty and sweet, so these little mummies are right up my alley. I think they make the cutest snack, plus they’re super easy to take along with you to a party or any Halloween event. I always prefer to melt almond bark rather than white chocolate because I don’t actually like chocolate. I know, I know, I’m a weirdo.
All it takes is a minute or two in the microwave to melt the almond bark, cover 3/4ths of the pretzel rod, drizzle some extra almond bark in a zig-zag pattern, and then plop on some eyeball candies. Quick, delicious mummies!
You can add the almond bark into a ziploc baggie, cut the tip and then drizzle, or you just cover a fork with the melted bark and just drizzle it that way. Using a ziploc is a cleaner, but a fork is a quick method. I used a baggie so then I could put one last drizzle over the eyes a bit to make them look like they’re peaking out from behind their mummy wrapping!
Seriously, these are too easy. You can use the same idea for any holiday, just customize with sprinkles, and maybe not the eyeballs haha. I like to give white ones with Christmas sprinkles as gifts to coworkers for the holidays. These would make great teacher gifts also. Pretty much any occasion, everyone will love you for making them.
- Pretzel Rods
- White Almond Bark
- Wilton's eyeball candies
- Microwave the almond bark for one minute and stir. If not completely melted, continue microwaving at 15 second increments
- Using a spoon, coat ¾ the pretzel rods with melted almond bark and place on a cooling rack to harden
- Drizzle remaining almond bark in zig-zag pattern to imitate mummy dressing
- Place two eyeball candies about 1 inch from top of pretzel rod
- Drizzle almond bark over top half of eyeball candies as if the eyeballs were peaking out from behind the dressing (optional)
- Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Since these are so tasty, I’m sure I’ll be making them again before Halloween actually comes (we do have almost two full months still….). I also have some great ideas for other candy-coated pretzel rods that might be a little more freaky and gory. I can’t wait!