I’m all about easy snacks. Fourth of July and Memorial Day are real lax holidays and there’s no reason to freak out over any fancy desserts when they’re likely to melt or just end up in a bowl on someone’s lap. It’s hot outside, it’s a long weekend… forget your responsibilities and enjoy some barbecue and this simple Patriotic Popcorn Mix this summer.
If you want a snack that’s perfect to eat while watching fireworks, this is it. You’ll need some popcorn, red candy melts, blue candy melts and some sprinkles. Just lay your popped popcorn on a baking sheet, drizzle red chocolate and half the sprinkles, then drizzle the blue candy melts and the remaining sprinkles. I considered adding in poprocks, but I couldn’t find any. Those would be a blast.
- 4 cups popped Popcorn
- ¼ cup Red Candy Melts
- ¼ cup Royal Blue Candy Melts
- ¼ cup Red, White and Blue M&Ms
- Follow package directions to pop Popcorn
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spread a layer of popcorn on sheet
- Melt Candy Melts for 1 minute in microwave, stir and continue to microwave at 30 second intervals until completely melted
- Drizzle Red Candy Melts onto Popcorn and add sprinkles
- Drizzle Blue Candy Melts onto Popcorn and add M&Ms
- Wait for candy melts to dry and then break apart popcorn
- Pour into a festive bowl and enjoy!
Unfortunately, I don’t have plans for this Memorial Day. But best believe I’m making this again for the Fourth of July. It’s so easy and only takes a few minutes. Next time though, I’ll have to make much more because this doesn’t last long!