Oh my gosh, it feels so good to be back and writing for you all! I had a crazy busy couple of weeks filled with work, traveling and finals. But I’m glad that’s all behind me and I can get back to better things, like these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich Cookies! Usually I’m not a big “sweets person” but these are super addicting. I had them all gone in just one day. Oops!
The rich, melty Reese’s cup in between the warm oatmeal cookies…. ugh, heaven! It just gives you an excuse to eat two cookies AND a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in one bite, all while calling it one cookie. That’s my kind of reasoning.
I originally shared a similar recipe on my Facebook page and I instantly knew I needed to make it my reality. The original did have some mini Reese’s thrown into the batter, which I skipped, but if you’re a real chocoholic, feel free to add those in as well!
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Shortening
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Quick-Cooking Oats
- 18 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Mix Butter, Shortening, Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar until well blended.
- Add egg and beat well.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt, blend into butter mixture
- Stir in oats, cover, and refrigerate over night
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove and let cool completely on wire rack
- Make sandwiches out of cookies and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, microwave for 15 seconds or until chocolate begins to melt slightly
Ugh, so good. I would be making these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich Cookies every night if it wasn’t for fitting into jeans. Don’t forget to subscribe to my email list so you’ll be the first to be notified of all my new recipes!