If you know me, you know that I will find an excuse to put Sriracha on anything. Macaroni, pizza, tater tots, popcorn–anything! But there was one food I haven’t tried yet (and oh my god, why did I wait so long??) and that’s bacon. I usually am not an obsessive bacon-loving fiend like so many are, but this recipe may have changed me. It’s all I’ve thought about since! And if it wasn’t obvious already, this Sriracha Candied Bacon is 100% man-approved. I gave my boyfriend the first piece and by the time I was back upstairs to try a piece for myself, he was right behind me for some more. He can’t get enough!
Candied bacon is just bacon that is coated with a syrup or sugar, in this case brown sugar, and roasted until the sugar turns into a sweet, caramelized glaze. This would be perfect for a party appetizer, Super Bowl snack or really, for any day you’re needing some bacon straight from heaven. Honestly, I don’t feel like there’s any food that melts in your mouth more than these sweet and spicy bacon strips. They are a must try.
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tbs Sriracha (to taste, depending on your preferred spiciness)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place the bacon on a wire cooling rack on a foil lined baking pan
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, Sriracha and cinnamon and mix until smooth
- Brush half of Sriracha mixture onto bacon
- Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and flip the bacon with tongs
- Brush remaining Sriracha mixture onto bacon
- Place back in oven and cook for a remaining 10 minutes or before burning--bacon will continue to cook after removed and get crispier
- Allow to cool for one minute and enjoy!